Monday 17 May 2010

Planters V2

I had a niggling voice in my head after I made the planters that algae might begin to grow and reach a point where it would become and issue. Before this became a reality I decided to change the planter design. What I’ve done is to remove the water reservoir by drilling holes in the side of the planters and allow the water to drain into tray.

Drainage

The trays then drain into a pipeline that I’ve hooked up to all of the trays, which then deposits the excess water into a bucket, which I can then use on my less important botanical adventures.

Pipeline

Excess