Day 71 - Done
I completely forgot to have my afternoon food today. So I rammed some pork scratchings down my throat at 4pm.
Ketones are low again at 0.4. There seems to be little rhyme or reason to these levels.
A solid day of toilet press-ups
After an ok sleep it would appear I have lost some of the water weight. Though last nights food was largely the same as the previous nights, so maybe tomorrow morning I will get “The deluge”
This is now day 71 and I am about half way through the experiment.
Here’s a recap:
- days 1 - 34: Full keto - no training
- days 35 - 70: Full keto - with training
I’m thinking about switching things up from here on out and doing the following
- days 75 - 100: Keto on weekdays, carb re-load on weekends.
- days 101 - 134: Transition to a balanced carb diet, introducing carbs by type and gradually. Eventually switching back to a 45% protein, 40% carb and 15% fat diet.
The reasons are quite simple.
- Keto is not something I could do full-time. It takes a lot of planning and the cooking of two meals on a night time. One carb based for Jo and one not carb based for me is a time sink.
- Whilst this is about getting lean, carbohydrates do play a role in muscle growth.
- I do have some concerns I am hammering my liver and kidney in this process.
I may / may not write more about this.